Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lethal Weapon, brought to you by Canadian Mist.

This week's Bad-Ass Movie:

LETHAL WEAPON


Technically, we watched this on Saturday since we had reasons to be out of the house on Friday. Anywho.

-Re: The introduction of Murtaugh: Did other kids wish their dad a happy birthday while he was naked in the bathtub? Because I sure as hell didn't. Suspension of disbelief, I guess...

-TITTIES! MEL GIBSON'S FUZZY BUTT!

-I wasn't sure how Bad-Ass this movie was gonna be; it was kinda dark with the whole Riggs-is-suicidal thing. And it moved a little slow. But, as I'm starting to notice with these Bad-Ass Movies, the good shit tends to happen in the last 30 minutes. And those last 30 minutes were indeed Bad-Ass.

-Riggs using his lower body to take out his torturer? And doing the same to take down Gary Busey? That was pretty sweet. Speaking of which, the Gibson-Busey fight scene was moderately dope. Going hand-to-hand, despite being surrounded by cops with guns and being rained on by the busted fire hydrant? Sure, why not.

Overall, I'd give this one 3 out of 5 stars. I would've given an extra half-star if Danny Glover said "I'm too old for this shit" a few more times. He didn't say it enough for a drinking game and that can cost you some points, in my alcoholic opinion.

Did Tam cry? I did tear up a bit at some point during the scene where Murtaugh is briefly reunited with his kidnapped daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment