Saturday, June 9, 2012

Desperado


Desperado es muy bueno! Ugh. I bring disgrace to the hispanic side of my family, as well as my high school Spanish teacher who brought me up to near fluency. Anywho.

So this movie? Pretty Bad-Ass. The gun shoot-outs were pretty slick, although I'm sure much of that was due to the convenient pauses were everyone either coincidentally ran out of bullets or decided to take a break. Killing's hard work, yo! I should know; I kill it everyday with my curly hair and random jingles that I sing throughout the house. Mostly to the dog.

Good cast. I mean, Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek are both sex on two legs, respectively, so that always helps. And you get to see her boobs! I could care less about most celebrititties, but Salma's on that exclusive list.

Pretty good overall, but Doug and I agreed on 3.5 stars out of 5. While the action was sweet, points were lost when he calls up his band mates to help him take out a bunch of dudes and they show up with their guitar cases as their only weapons. I'm sorry, but machine guns and torpedo rocket launchers (correction per Doug) built into guitar cases that are awkward as fuck to carry around and aim? Bitch, please.

Additional points were lost due to the anti-climatic ending. Pretty meh during those last few scenes.

Did Tam cry? Nah. I guess I could've squeezed out a tear or two when that kid got shot, but a) he shouldn't have tried to retrieve his guitar during a shoot-out and b) he didn't even die, so whatevs.

Not sure if we'll go back and watch El Mariachi, but may/may not see Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Until then, adios cholos!

No comments:

Post a Comment