Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ong Bak


More martial arts this week. I enjoyed this one much more. Probably some of the sweetest fight scenes I've ever seen. And there was even some comedic moments mixed in too, to help keep my narcoleptic-ass engaged.

The leading dude, Tony Jaa, is pretty unsuspecting; smaller, lean physique, yet he regularly beats the shit out of guys 2 or 3 times his size.

One of my favorite Bad-Ass moments? When dude's legs are literally ON FIRE and he kicks the crap out of a bad guy, also catching him on fire. There was bullet-dodging, crafty (yet painful to watch) saw blade/knife action and even a beloved explosion.

I really dug this movie. Good pace, lots of moments where he has to save someone and just all around well-choreographed fight scenes where one lonesome dude has to take on a mob. He even took down a 'roided out dude not once, but twice. Even drug enhancements couldn't stop 'im.

We ended up giving it 4 stars out of 5. I was willing to give it a higher rating, but Doug talked me out of it. His reasoning was, as usual, "it wasn't Die Hard," but I think we may have to re-evaluate our rating system, specifically the Die Hard comparisons.

Anywho, rating aside, this was legit Bad-Ass.

Did Tam cry? I did! Toward the end, during the passing of one of the characters. Couldn't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment