Saturday, March 31, 2012

Highlander (with RiffTrax)


Wow, this was a piece of shit. Not even in a fun way. How this went on to spawn sequels and a TV series, I'll never understand. Doug and I had never seen it though, so we thought it would be worthy of BAMF, but it wasn't, not by a long shot.

Having RiffTrax helped for laughs, but I still started to fall asleep, even after a cup of coffee half way through. During the opening credits, I thought, "Oh, Sean Connery! Soundtrack by Queen! Surely this must be awesome!" Sigh.

Ah, well. Hopefully we'll have better judgement next week. I'm giving it 2 stars out of 5. One and a half stars for the mildly cool sword fights and decapitations and another half star for a drinking game opportunity: every time someone says "There can only be one," take a shot. Of hard liquor. Or heroin. Doesn't matter.

Did Tam cry: Almost. Because I was so goddamn bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment