Saturday, March 3, 2012

True Romance


Written by Tarantino and starring everybody.

This movie was indeed Bad-Ass, but wow, hello violence. Watching the Patricia Arquette/James Gandolfini beat-down was a little rough for me, but the outcome was desirable, so I s'pose it's all good.

Lots of guns and lots of hands-on action. And who doesn't love Brad Pitt as a stoner for comic relief? Also, even though he will deny it up and down, Doug totally resembles a young Michael Rapaport. Bahahaha.

Very entertaining 2 hours and even though I've always been kind of mildly annoyed with Christian Slater, the Bad-Assery of his character in this film caused me to throw down some mad respect. Mad, y'all.

My only real criticism is the laughable amount of Samuel L. Jackson screen time. Then again, I'm of the opinion that he doesn't get enough screen time in any movie ever made in the history of human civilization.

Did Tam cry? I was going to abandon this feature because I figured it would be difficult to be moved to tears in most Bad-Ass flicks, but I guess I need to bring it back after watching this movie. Yes, I totally cried and choked up multiple times. I mean, "Romance" is part of the title and there were indeed some moments with terribly romantic dialogue. During these moments, I'd turn to my left to look at the man I love and wondered if he would ever beat the shit out of a guy for me. Well? Hard to say. Picturing it is difficult when the guy's sitting in his PJs, eatin' doughnuts.

Overall, a well-written, well-executed, action-y Bad-Ass movie with a happy ending. Can't ask for much more than that. I laughed, I cried, I grimaced, I tensed up. I'm gonna go with 4.5 stars out of 5 on this one. The half star deduction being for the measly one, maybe two minutes of Sam Jackson screen time.

No comments:

Post a Comment